Friday 10 July 2009

Granite for your garden

Had a customer come in this morning looking for granite tiles for their back garden, with a possibility of having steps made in the same material.

Of course - I said; We can do that!

It is important to remember that if you are to use natural stone for stone paving outside, the stone shouldn't require sealing. If you were to be using the stone for indoor use, say a kitchen worktop or a bathroom vanity, then sealing the stone is a must, but for outside use this is truly not necessary to have this done.

It would be far better to let the stone weather naturally; this offering its own beauty.

The customer selected black granite - Absoluto granite from China, namely Shanxi Black.

In my opinion; this was way too expensive for me, but the customer was adament and didn't really care about the price of the stone - they said that they were more bothered about the aesthetic qualities the stone had to offer the design of his garden.

Well, I must say that I am actually looking forward to doing this job - that is if the weather in the UK holds out - we need to order the stone in for this job, but we are set to install in the first week of August... Praying for a nice day ;)

Heck! I have worked in the rain and I can say it ain't much fun!

Anyway, must dash - going to Maccy D's

No comments:

Post a Comment